Labels

Tuesday 21 June 2022

Story of Luang Phor Yee Buddhasaro

 Story of Luang Phor Yee Buddhasaro


An American named Taylor Young, whose mother is from Hawaii and father is a veteran, gave the following testimonial:

"I am an American and work as a pilot, my salary is tens of thousands of baht. I had been from the military and was stationed on the island of Okinawa. At that time, I came to Thailand during the era of U-Tapao Airport. 

(Wikipedia: U-Tapao was built by the United States to accommodate B-52 bombers for missions in Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia during the Vietnam War. Construction began on 15 October 1965 and was completed on 2 June 1966.)

I once went to visit Luang Phor Yee, who had already passed away so what was left was just an ordinary statue. The reason why I went to pay respects was because a Thai lady persuaded me to go there. 

After that, I went to buy a photo amulet of his to hang around my neck. I didn't see any harm in doing so, and I also respected him because he was able to live without a wife! 

Later on I was posted to Vietnam to pilot a jet. I was under heavy fire, my plane was being shot at and I thought I was definitely going to die. To make things worse, I couldn't release my bombs as the system was jammed. 

During this chaotic flight, I suddenly caught sight of a monk who was sitting on the side of the head of the plane, he was waving his hands back and forth many times. I thought my eyes weren't working properly.

How could a monk be sitting there? Or was that a ghost?

While thinking about this, he turned and disappeared. Then I suddenly recalled the photo of the monk I was hanging around my neck. I felt relieved and safe because I'm sure Luang Phor was waving away the bullets and projectiles aimed at me. 

As soon as I was able to escape and reach the ocean, my bomb-releasing mechanism worked again once more. So I knew that it had to be Luang Phor who was preventing me from sinning."


Luang Phor Yee Buddhasaro

Wat Sattahip, Chonburi

Tourismthailand.org: Wat Sattahip or Wat Luang Pho Ie was constructed during the reign of King Rama V by Luang Pho Ie or Phrakhru Worawet Muni who possessed knowledge of meditation and was the comforter of locals in their difficult times. Therefore, the monk was highly respected among the locals. 



They cast an actual-size statue of him residing inside the Ubosot.

No comments:

Post a Comment