Labels

Saturday 10 July 2021

Sometimes when tired I watch too much YouTube. This feels bad. What should I do?

 Q. Sometimes when tired I watch too much YouTube. This feels bad. What should I do?


Luang Phor Anan: One needs to be careful. 

Being aware and taking a rest is better. You can make a vow to not watch YouTube when tired, and keep this vow solemnly like an extra moral precept. The internet can be worse than alcohol since one can use it all the time.

When I practiced I saw the reality of death and uncertainty. I wanted to find something that did not die. I saw all the world burning, burning with old age, sickness, and death.

With this insight I felt great rapture and happiness for three days and three nights.

A young western girl came to visit and asked why I ordained. I wondered how to answer her as she was quite young. 

I asked about her wishes for her life, and she said she wanted to be a veterinarian when she grows up and that she loved rabbits.

I asked her: ‘If the rabbit goes away would you suffer?’

She said ‘Yes, but it would come back.’

I asked, ‘What if the rabbit died, then would you suffer?’

She said ‘Yes, I would suffer.’

I replied ‘Well, I ordained to find the rabbit that would not die.’

She seemed to understand this.


Luang Phor Anan

Wat Marp Jan

Rayong Province



Cr. Wat Marp Jan Website




No comments:

Post a Comment