Labels

Thursday 20 August 2020

“Dhamma books are very precious, you should look at them like gold or diamonds.”

The Teaching of Ajahn Suchart.

29th November, 2022

“Dhamma books are very precious, you should look at them like gold or diamonds.”


QuestionCan we throw Buddhist books away? Many Buddhist centres and monasteries do not accept old or used books, so the Buddhist books have been accumulating in my shelf and I know that will not be reading them.

Than Ajahn:  Buddhist books are useful books because someone can become enlightened by reading these books. If you cannot find a place to dispose of them, then you should keep them at home or find a place to store them. Maybe one day somebody might discover them and they can be very useful for that person. 

I find Dhamma books very useful; they are how I can come all this way. I had received a book from a friend and by reading it, it enlightened my view about the world. It made me see things that I have not seen before and I saw a different path to happiness. 

Dhamma books are very precious and you should look at them like gold or diamonds. You should keep them or wait until you find some place which accept old books but don’t burn or throw it away because if you do, it is like throwing something precious. 

If you can keep your clothes why can’t you keep Buddhist books? Your clothes worth much less than Buddhist books, so if you want to throw away Buddhist books, you should first  throw away clothing that you don’t wear anymore to make room for the books.


By Ajaan Suchart Abhijāto

www.phrasuchart.com

Youtube: Dhamma in English

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi_BnRZmNgECsJGS31F495g

…….

No comments:

Post a Comment