Labels

Wednesday 29 April 2020

“I’m married and have one small child. I want to become a monk. If I leave them, is this correct?”

Question from France:  “I’m married and have one small child. I want to become a monk. If I leave them, is this correct?”


Than Ajahn:  If you should leave them, you should leave them in richness. Don’t leave them in poorness. If you leave them a lot of money, I think they will be happy.

They don’t care for you. They care for your money. They care for you because you are the one who provides them with money. So, if you are not there but your money is there, I think it’s correct, it’s ok.

But if you leave them and take all the money away from them, I don’t think it is correct. Like the Buddha, he left his family. He also left all his money with his wife and his son.

So, he knew that they were well taken care of. It’s just a matter of whether they can be well taken care of or not.

From “Dhamma in English to layperson from France, Mar 5-8, 2018.”

By Ajahn Suchart Abhijāto
www.phrasuchart.com

Latest Dhamma talks on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi_BnRZmNgECsJGS31F495g

No comments:

Post a Comment