Labels

Sunday 22 September 2019

7 vows by Ven Nyanaramsi

7 vows
by Ven Nyanaramsi


Sakka-- lord of the devas was a human being, he adopted and undertook 7 vows, by the undertaking of which he achieved the status of Sakka.

The 7 vows are :

1. As long as I live may I support my parents.

2. As long as I  live may I respect the family elders.

3. As long as I live may I speak gently.

4. As long as I live may I not speak divisively.

5. As long as I live may I dwell at home with a mind devoid of the stain of stinginess, freely generous, open-handed, delighting in relinquishment, devoted to charity, delighting in giving and sharing.

6. As long as I live may I speak the truth.

7. As long as I live may I be free from anger, and if anger should arise in me may I dispel it quickly.

(It is good that one would contemplate this Dhamma again and again, and the most important thing is to translate into daily practice. It will support the progress in path of Dhamma too.)



天帝釋本为人時之七誓约:
1. 願终生孝養父母
2. 願终生礼敬長輩
3. 願终生語柔和
4. 願终生不誹謗
5. 願终生离悭垢 : a.开放施;
    b. 舒手施; c. 樂棄施;
    d. 有求必应; e. 樂分配施
6. 願终生說真实語
7. 願终生不生气,若生气則速降
    伏
(雜阿含經 -- 明法比丘注)

Shared by Ven Nyanaramsi

No comments:

Post a Comment